Interpreting and translating

Just a reminder and a refresher, the school district is responsible for interpreting/translating services from 3-21(after the initial IEP) unless it is a support only IEP.  If it is a support only IEP, we do provide the interpreter/translator.

The AEA is responsible for all translations/interpreting services for Early Access.

Here is the document  link to explain our process when using Certified Language International.  We only use CLI for interpreting.   (language list linked in the document) 

We do have a translator for each of these languages if you are needing documents translated, Spanish, French and Marshallese.

Translations Guidelines:

The AEA’s responsibility to translate documents into a student’s native language is as follows:

IFSPs – PWN and Initial Consent for Eval only  (unless the family requests the whole IFSP)
IEPs  – PWN and Initial Consent for Evaluation
Speech only IEPs – PWN and Initial Consent for Evaluation

Statewide procedures require only the PWN and Consent for Evaluation forms be translated in addition to an interpreter present at IEP/IFSP meetings.

Please communicate to staff that IEP services and supports must be thoroughly documented on the PWN so parents have a clear understanding of what services and supports the IEP team determines their child will receive.

When needing documents translated to Spanish, please contact Melinda Boller, Receptionist in our Clear Lake office and she will be able to pass along what you need.  

Questions, please contact Marcia Brolsma, Administrative Assistant to Amy Knupp.

This entry was posted in ACHEIVE and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.