Here is a resource from Keystone AEA around Accommodations and Modifications, specifically note the
following considerations IEP teams can use as guidance taken from this resource:
● What data is available to determine effective accommodations? How could you gather this information?
● What are the key things that can be done in each class/subject to allow the student successful access to
the day-to-day classroom activities?
● Accommodations should be considered prior to modifications.
● Accommodations are provided at college; modifications are not.
● Less is more…a laundry list of accommodations leads to a lack of effective implementation.
● Supports should be considered for BOTH instruction and assessment.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Julie Miller, Regional Administrator.