Special Education Students and Virtual Learning
- When submitting IEPs, add in the ‘End Comment’ section if the student is receiving services virtually. A simple statement such as “virtual learning” will help IMS staff accurately track student information for October count.
- If virtual services are being provided in another district, the student’s resident district stays the same and does not change to the district virtual services are being provided.
- Make sure all demographic information is current.
- Transfer Within a Building: The ‘Change Provider’ button is used to indicate a grade level or teacher change Page A teacher will only change when a new IEP is started.
- Note when a child moves to Kindergarten so the student’s grade level can be updated.
- Out of State Move-In: Requires the completion of the Family Tab, Page A, Tab F, Tab G, and RSD only to be used during the count. If not being used for count purposes, create a new Iowa review or reevaluation IEP.
- Transfer between districts with Central Rivers AEA: Click Add/Transfer and update ALL of the information – you may have to scroll to the bottom to complete all services and supports
- In-State Move Out of District: Receiving school completes the transfer process
- Accessing a new I page or editing an existing I page done through an active (current and validated) IEP:
- After clicking on Forms for Active IEP, proceed to the Forms tab and access the pull-down menu to access the form. New forms will be added to the existing IEP and will not roll over into a newly opened IEP.
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for your patience.
-Pam Kabela – Level 6 Administrator – Cedar Falls Office
-Nicole Heiselman – Level 6 Administrator/Data Entry – Cedar Falls Office
-Amanda Hennigar – Data Entry – Clear Lake Office
-Margy Averill – Data Entry – Marshalltown Office