Is there a professional development opportunity that should be communicated in The Stream? If so, please work with your team’s administrative liaison to get it posted.
Separating Language Difference from Disability (for English Learners) (for K-12 educators)
- September 16-17 at Central Rivers AEA
- Please fill out this form by September 2nd and registration will be completed on your behalf. (Note: We are experimenting with a new group registration feature for some of our Central Rivers professional development, and no further action is needed on your part to register. Do not fill out the form if you have already registered in the professional development system.)
- September 18 at Grant Wood AEA
- Steps for registering:
- Create a New Request in the PD Request System to receive approval
- Choose “Travel/Registration Arrangements for Professional Learning (Outside Central Rivers)”
- If approved, your request will route to an administrative assistant for processing
- Please include login information in the comments section for the administrative assistants to register you in the AEA Professional Learning Registration System
- Registration must be completed by September 4
- The intended audience for this course is special education teachers, Title I teachers, instructional coaches, and team reps supporting grades K-6
- 2 sections offered, one in Cedar Falls and one in Clear Lake
- First Dates: Sept 27th (CF) Sept 26th (CL)
- Contact your regional administrator if you are interested in attending with special education teachers from your school(s)
Professional Development Opportunities for Teacher Leaders and Professional School Counselors for the 2019-20 School Year
The following opportunities are for teacher leaders and school counselors. Please help us to spread the word to teacher leaders and school counselors with whom you work.
- Four individual days focusing on building capacity on effective instructional practices for all roles within teacher leadership.
- These two days are organized to support professional school counselors. An emphasis on collaboration with other school counselors in our area will be included.
- During these four days of learning, participants will make connections between the ASCA Model, the MTSS process, and College and Career Readiness.
Please contact Jo Prusha with any questions regarding Teacher Leaders and Professional School Counselors.